Saturday, September 11, 2010

Finally-a picture! My mom posted pics of Maya on her facebook and while I'm not computer savvy enough to figure out her picture program, I did manage to steal this from her facebook. Serisously, she's the cutest thing ever.

I don't know if I'm the only mom who has ever felt this way, but I often wonder if my future children can ever measure up to Maya. I would just look at her after she was born and think, none of my other kids will ever be as cute as she is. And now that she's older she just keeps getting cuter, smarter, funnier, you get the picture. I don't know if I can love another baby the way I love Maya. Even now that I'm pregnant, I wonder that. I'm sure that will all change once he gets here, but seriously, he has some big shoes to fill.


5 comments:

Laura Hall said...

Oh Blacky, John and I think the same things EVERY day! Its hard to imagine that you can love another baby like your first. We always say that we worry for the next kids because there is no way they can be as cute as Olive... :)

Karen said...

I have totally totally thought that before! I think that's normal. And I'm sure you're right, when the next one comes along, we'll think that that one is just as great. I guess it just proves we love our babies, huh? :)

Josh and Shyann Croke Family said...

First of all, she is seriously GORGEOUS! Look at her eyes! And when I was pregnant with Sidney I had all those same feelings. I wasn't even as excited to be pregnant again, and I felt bad about that, but the fact is, it's just different than the excitement of the first kid. But, after she was born I couldn't imagine our family without her. Actually, when I do think about life before her, I remember how easy it was to just have one compared to two, but of course I love her to death. And you will too. All those feelings you have are totally valid. Don't feel bad about it. At least you won't be having to compare two girls or something. That's something I worry about. What if I have another boy or girl and they're not as cute as their brother or sister? Whatever, your little boy will be stinkin' cute! Sorry for the blabber. I miss you!

Party of Five said...

I. need. more. pictures. the end.

Ann said...

Totally know how you feel...I think the same thing, but everybody says you miraculously love the next ones just as much!