Monday, March 30, 2009
Posted by The Hawks at 9:12 PM
Monday, March 9, 2009
I can't believe it, but Maya is three months old today! It's crazy how fast time flies. It's been a wonderful three months, and it's so fun to see Maya develop her little personality. She's going to be a lot like me I think, and I'm not so sure that's a good thing. She has quite the temper. Lately when she gets mad she arches her back, straightens her legs, and screams. It's pretty funny, but I sure hope it's not a sign of what's to come. She smiles all day long and is starting to laugh. She's also sleeping through the night now which is a huge blessing. I wanted to get some picture of her today, but we were gone all day shopping and by the time we got home she was so fussy that this was all I was able to get. I wanted to document her three month birthday though! She sure is a sweetheart, and we are so blessed to have her in our family.
Posted by The Hawks at 10:32 PM
Saturday, March 7, 2009
- I love that no matter what I did my dad was always proud of me. I don't think that I could have done anything that would have made him lose respect for me. That was the great thing about my dad. He never judged. He realized people were human and that they made mistakes and never liked them less for it.
- I love that when I was young and my chore was to do the dishes that he would always rinse them off for me because he knew how much I hated it.
- I miss listening to music with him. My dad had a great love for music and was always singing. He introduced me to lots of great music, and that is where my love for Elton John comes from.
- I love that when I was in high school and my friends and I weren't able to drive yet he would take us to wal-mart in the middle of the night to get junk food.
- I miss his sense of humor. My dad was constantly cracking jokes and even if they weren't funny you just had to laugh because even if the joke wasn't funny he was.
- I miss HIM. I won't say that I had the best dad in the world. My dad was human and he made mistakes, but he was the best dad in the world for me. I'm so grateful for everything I've learned from him, and am grateful that despite the crazy relationship we had, above all he loved me and I loved him, and in the end that's all that really matters.
Posted by The Hawks at 9:10 PM
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Much to her Daddy's dismay yesterday I went and pierced Maya's ears. I have been wanting to do this for awhile, but felt a little guilty inflicting unnecessary pain on my daughter simply because I think it's cute, but I got over that, and I am so glad I did because it looks so cute! I have to admit I was a big chicken though and had my friend Alyson hold her while I left and went to another store. I heard her screaming and went back and by the time I got there they were already done. She's a brave little thing, and now she's just the cutest little lady.
P.S. Nathan thinks it looks very cute, and he's not mad I did it.
Posted by The Hawks at 6:49 PM
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
I've been really bad about blogging lately. A lot has been going on too, but unfortunately the batteries in my camera died and I have been too lazy to go and replace them until now. So, basically I have pictures of nothing. I managed to find a few that will tell a little of what has been going on in our lives.
Posted by The Hawks at 12:21 AM