Saturday, March 7, 2009


It has been six months since my dad died and I thought that to remember him I would write six things that I love/miss about him.

  1. I love that no matter what I did my dad was always proud of me. I don't think that I could have done anything that would have made him lose respect for me. That was the great thing about my dad. He never judged. He realized people were human and that they made mistakes and never liked them less for it.
  2. I love that when I was young and my chore was to do the dishes that he would always rinse them off for me because he knew how much I hated it.
  3. I miss listening to music with him. My dad had a great love for music and was always singing. He introduced me to lots of great music, and that is where my love for Elton John comes from.
  4. I love that when I was in high school and my friends and I weren't able to drive yet he would take us to wal-mart in the middle of the night to get junk food.
  5. I miss his sense of humor. My dad was constantly cracking jokes and even if they weren't funny you just had to laugh because even if the joke wasn't funny he was.
  6. I miss HIM. I won't say that I had the best dad in the world. My dad was human and he made mistakes, but he was the best dad in the world for me. I'm so grateful for everything I've learned from him, and am grateful that despite the crazy relationship we had, above all he loved me and I loved him, and in the end that's all that really matters.

4 comments:

Party of Five said...

My eyes are glossy. You are the best.

Unknown said...

Micah, you are amazing. Good post. Remember my girlfriend, Cortney? She had that new baby and came and helped me move out. She lost her husband and I always think of him and your dad because of the children they left behind. You should read his headstone on my blog. I love what he said in his missionary journal and that they put it on his headstone. I love that we have forgiveness and eternity. It's so comforting.

Stacie said...

Wow, that was beautiful! I think that was a great way to remember him. In fact it gave me the idea to do the same for my dad. It's 11 years next weeks since I lost mine. I know how you feel and I wish I could give you a really big hug right now. You amaze me!

Karen said...

What a beautiful tribute to your dad. And what a beautiful 3 month old you have!!