Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Posted by The Hawks at 1:40 PM
Monday, December 13, 2010
I know you all have been anxiously awaiting to see how Maya has grown these last few months, and I'm not one to disappoint, so here you go!
Height: 35 in. 90% (almost anyway. the dr. couldn't give me an exact precentile)
Weight: 27 lbs. 8 oz. 50%
So, my chubby little baby is gone. It's sad, but she's still cute as ever. Coming soon-Maya's birthday post.
Posted by The Hawks at 5:14 PM
Monday, November 15, 2010
Posted by The Hawks at 9:33 PM
Posted by The Hawks at 8:45 PM
Friday, November 12, 2010
Posted by The Hawks at 1:14 PM
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Posted by The Hawks at 11:31 PM
I don't know if I'm the only mom who has ever felt this way, but I often wonder if my future children can ever measure up to Maya. I would just look at her after she was born and think, none of my other kids will ever be as cute as she is. And now that she's older she just keeps getting cuter, smarter, funnier, you get the picture. I don't know if I can love another baby the way I love Maya. Even now that I'm pregnant, I wonder that. I'm sure that will all change once he gets here, but seriously, he has some big shoes to fill.
Posted by The Hawks at 12:25 AM
Friday, August 27, 2010
I'm glad to be able to say that with some excitement now. I'm ashamed to admit that I was slightly devestated when we were told we were having a boy. Go ahead and judge. I would if I were you. There are women all over the world desperately seeking medical treatment to be able to have a child and would be thrilled beyond measure to have a boy or a girl, and here I am, pregnant after trying for just one night, and I was sad that I wasn't having a girl. I really wanted Maya to have a little sister and have always wanted to have a houseful of daughters. Well, not really a houseful. Maybe just two. Unless some miracle occurs-and by miracle I mean accident-Maya won't have a sister. It still makes me a little sad that Maya won't have that because I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my sister, but she'll never know the difference anyway. I am excited to have a boy now though. A little scared. Well, a lot scared. Everyone says that boys are so much easier than girls, but I'm not so convinced. I don't get boys. I guess I'll learn though. I would post a pic, but let's be honest...ultrasound pictures really aren't that cute, and all babies look the same at this point anyway.
Posted by The Hawks at 10:56 PM
Monday, July 26, 2010
I feel like I should expound a little on my last post. A LOT of you do some or all of the things on my little list. If you think it's your blog I'm referring to, most probably it isn't. If you can sew and take beautiful pictures then why shouldn't you show that off on your blog? It's the blogs where people BRAG about their abilities and push their opinions (mostly about breastfeeding) on other people that bother me. And MOST blogs I read aren't like that. And really, these people can post whatever the heck they want on their blog. I don't have to read it, and they don't have to read my blog. Basically, this is all coming from an unmedicated bipolar pregnant lady who has massive amounts of hormones surging through her body. I can't be held accountable for what I say. I just wanted to make sure I didn't offend all you breastfeeding, baby food making, clothes sewing, photographer moms out there. I guess I'm always on edge because there have been comments made about why I don't do some of these things, and I'm just sensitive. I can't guarantee that for the next six months there won't be more depressing, gripey posts, but I'll try to throw some fun ones in there too.
Posted by The Hawks at 5:07 PM
Saturday, July 24, 2010
I have a really bad habit. I spend far too much of my day reading blogs. Sometimes I know the people and sometimes I don't. But, hey we all do it sometimes, right? No? It's just me? Sometimes I read posts and feel totally inspired and uplifted and my days is better because of them. BUT most of the time reading blogs just makes me feel totally inadequate as a mom and just as a human being because here's the thing...
- I didn't breastfeed Maya, and I won't breastfeed baby #2. Go ahead and judge. Most people do.
- I don't use cloth diapers.
- I don't make Maya's clothes or my own (or any other thing that involoves a sewing machine, or even just a needle and thread).
- I also don't make cute little headbands.
- My house is NEVER clean. Maybe if company is coming. Maybe.
- I rarely cook. I never bake.
- I'm not a vegetarian and I don't feed my family all organic food.
- I don't want a big family. Baby #2 will probably be the last.
- I'm on an insane amount of anti-depressants to make me happy, and even then...(the reason baby #2 will probably be the last).
- I'm not a photographer.
- I'm not even a good blogger. (I am good at reading them. Does that count)?
I really could keep going, but I think you get the idea. I feel like I'm stuck. In the real world I'm not successful because I didn't graduate from college and I don't have a job. I have a friend (who shall remain nameless) whose mom has constantly judge me for this. In the Mormon world I'm not successful, well, for all of the above reasons plus some. I guess I'm hoping it's not just me and other women feel inadequate and useless at times. Well, was that depressing enough for you? Next time I'll come back with cute pictures and some happy thoughts, but like I said, I'm not a very good blogger...
Posted by The Hawks at 6:15 PM
Monday, July 12, 2010
Whew...a lot has happened since I last posted, and I really don't remember most of it. So, this really shouldn't be that long of a post. I'm sorry to say that this won't include any pictures. Our camera broke and is very low on the list of new purchases to make, and my mom's picture program is way too complicated for me to figure out. Anyway, on to the update...
April: Got settled into our new house. I need to post pictures. I've been wanting to wait until it was fully furnished and decorated to post some, but if I wait to do that they'll never get posted. We love living in Litchfield, and Nathan's commute to work (which people gave us tons of grief about) hasn't been to bad. Maya and I went to Disney World with my mom and brother. It was, of course, tons of fun, but it was sad not being able to take Nathan.
May: Most everyone knows now, but we found out we are having another baby. It was planned, but it was still kind of a surprise because it happened so fast. Pregnancy this time around is basically miserable. I don't think we'll be doing it again, but I suppose that's for another post.
June: Maya turned 18 months and developed quite the attitude. I didn't know kids her age could be like this. She's quite the little rebel, doesn't like to share, doesn't like to listen to Nathan and me...I don't even know what to do with her. My mom said she wanted me to have one just like me, and I definitely did. On the other hand, she's the cutest kid ever and can be very sweet when she wants to be.
July: Like the rest of the summer it has been very uneventful. We spend most of our days at the pool. Maya is a little fish-no fear of the water at all. She has made some good friends at the pool. Adults of course, she would have to share her toys with kids.
So, this was pretty much the most boring post ever. I'm sorry if you made it this far. Hopefully next time I'll have pictures and we'll have done something exciting, but let's be honest....that's just not my life. I love it anyway though!
Posted by The Hawks at 9:35 AM
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Posted by The Hawks at 11:54 AM
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
During: getting rid of the mullet
Sadly there is no after shot. We forgot to get a picture. I'm sad that she was so young when I cut her hair for the first time, but the mullet was getting out of control as you can clearly see in the first picture. And now she is oh, so cute!
Posted by The Hawks at 1:46 PM
Friday, March 19, 2010
Friday, March 12, 2010
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Posted by The Hawks at 11:35 AM
Friday, February 26, 2010
Nathan's birthday isn't until tomorrow, but blogging sounded like a good idea, so I thought I would with him a Happy Birthday today.
I'm so glad that you were born. You're my bf and the love of my life. I hope you have the best day-you deserve it!
your beautiful wife
Posted by The Hawks at 3:48 PM
Thursday, February 25, 2010
My sister-in-law Stacie tagged me to do this, and since I've been in a little bit of a blogging rut I thought maybe this will be a good way to get me out of it.
4 shows I like to watch:
1.Days of Our Lives (I know...)
4 things I am passionate about:
1.Pictures-I have gotten Maya's pictures taken every three months since she was born, and have spent way too much money on them, but I know I'll be forever grateful that I have Maya's life documented like that.
2. Being tolerant of other people-As a member of the LDS Church my standards are very different from a lot of other people's, but I think it's extremely important that we remember no matter what we may believe, we can't force our beliefs on others, and we need to be respectful of the way others choose to live their lives.
3. Animals-love them. I would be a vet if I could.
4. Being a good mom and wife.
4 phrases I use frequently:
2. Crap! (I'm with ya Stace)
3. That ticks me off! (only I don't say ticks. I thought I would tone it down for all you good Mormon folk)
4. You're killing me! (usually to Nathan)
4 things I have learned from the past: (this is a little deep for me)
1. it's a little cliche, but don't take the people you love for granted because you don't know how long they will be here, or how long you will be here I guess..
2. Forgive! and do it quickly...it only makes YOU unhappy.
3. Enjoy where you're at in life. If you spend you're whole life waiting for things to get better, you're going to miss out on a whole lot.
4. It's the Lord's will not mine. His is always better anyway. (I'm with you again Stacie)
4 places I would love to visit:
2. Disney World (it's serisouly my home away from home)
4 things I did yesterday:
1. slept in (I didn't have Maya)
2. watched vidoes on youtube (how much of a loser am I?)
5. looked for a new car
4 things I am looking forward to:
1. Nathan coming home from playing airsoft
2. buying a house
3. graduating from college
4. being skinny again
4 things I love about winter:
4 things on my wishlist:
1. the abuzz cardi from Anthropologie
2. the pretty paisley rug from Anthropologie
3. new bedding from Anthropologie
4. a puppy
Posted by The Hawks at 3:44 PM
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Posted by The Hawks at 1:11 PM
Sunday, January 10, 2010
It's 12:00 and I can't sleep, so why not blog? I have lots of things running through my head, so maybe if I type all out my head will clear and I can get some much needed sleep.
1. It's about time my little monster gets her first haircut. Is it that long you ask? Absolutely not, but she's growing a baby mullet, and we need to get the back evened (does that look right to you?) up with the top. Plus the child was cursed to have unruly hair just like Nathan and me, and the child already has split ends.
2. I am oh, so fat. I have gained, are you ready for this? 50 lbs since Nathan and I have been married, and it's about time I started losing it. Sadly, none of this is baby weight, so I have no excuse. I start dieting every Monday and by Tuesday morning the diet is over. My bf is getting married in June of 2011, so that gives me a year and a half to get my ginormous booty in shape. Although, I hope I don't lose the booty cause Nathan kinda likes it.
3. I love Nathan. He's perfect. I don't deserve him.
4. I love Maya. Right now she's sleeping soundly in her crib, and I just wanna go wake her up and snuggle her, so I think I will.
Posted by The Hawks at 11:49 PM