Friday, August 27, 2010

It's a BOY!

I'm glad to be able to say that with some excitement now. I'm ashamed to admit that I was slightly devestated when we were told we were having a boy. Go ahead and judge. I would if I were you. There are women all over the world desperately seeking medical treatment to be able to have a child and would be thrilled beyond measure to have a boy or a girl, and here I am, pregnant after trying for just one night, and I was sad that I wasn't having a girl. I really wanted Maya to have a little sister and have always wanted to have a houseful of daughters. Well, not really a houseful. Maybe just two. Unless some miracle occurs-and by miracle I mean accident-Maya won't have a sister. It still makes me a little sad that Maya won't have that because I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my sister, but she'll never know the difference anyway. I am excited to have a boy now though. A little scared. Well, a lot scared. Everyone says that boys are so much easier than girls, but I'm not so convinced. I don't get boys. I guess I'll learn though. I would post a pic, but let's be honest...ultrasound pictures really aren't that cute, and all babies look the same at this point anyway.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

hoooooooray!!! cade would be so jealous. he wanted a boy so bad

Melissa said...

Micah May!!:) How are you?! Your little girl is so cute and I am so excited for you to be having a boy!! Just want you to know that I am glad I found your blog....and that I miss you!! Hope your life is fabulous!!:) Love--Mel

Party of Five said...

I love boys. Honestly, I know how you feel. I really wanted a little sister for CJ too. But, I've come around and boys are pretty much awesome. I'll let you know how it goes in the future, but for now- I swear- boys HAVE to be less drama than my girl. Sheesh. Congrats again, sweet cheeks.

Brittany said...

How exciting!!! Your blog is so much fun to read. You're hilarious!!!!!! Boys scare me, I wouldn't know what to do with them either. guess it's good I have three girls!

Jeanette said...

I think a lot of people feel that way. The important thing is that you got over the disappointment and are happy. :) I'm happy for you guys. That's so exciting. Congratulations!

Lauren said...

Micah- you're so funny! You will love having a boy! We thought we were having a girl until Jace arrived, so I was in the girl mindset, then shocked, and then in love.It'll be great!

MeganMichelle said...

I loved the whole confession of getting pregnant after just one night! haha and I don't know what I would do without you either!

Stacie said...

Ha! in the same boat again my sista! I was so sure that Aaden was a girl that there was a disappointing moment when they told me it was a boy. I've been so scared to have boys so it took me some time to get use to the idea that I was having one. Now, I don't know why I was so afraid. As least so far there hasn't been much of a difference. There will be in the future but for now I LOVE having Aaden in my life. A girl and a boy; that's awesome. And Maya will make some good friends that will be like sisters