Wednesday, November 26, 2008

7 days and counting...

Just a quick little update. I went to the doctor today and I am officially dilated to one whole centimeter. Pretty exciting, right? That only took two weeks, so in another couple of months I should be ready to have this baby. I'm sure a lot of women are 11 months pregnant when they deliver. Seriously...what is wrong with me?? Why won't she just come out already? I'm trying hard not to complain. It's a blessing to even be pregnant in the first place, and I realize that. BUT, I am completely 100% miserable. I'm throwing up everyday, I have permanent menstrual-like cramps, I can't breathe when I lay down, and every once in awhile she decides to sit, or should I say do a headstand on my sciatic nerve and the pain almost paralyzes me. It's pretty fun. At this point my title is a little inaccurate. It's probably more like 14 days and counting because I'll probably have to be induced. Really though...aside from the nine months of morning sickness and this last miserable month I've had a great pregnancy. There have been no complications at all. She's apparently the perfect size (7.5 lbs.-which seems kind of gigantic to me), and thanks to all the morning sickness I haven't gained that much weight. I really am blessed, and I'll be even more grateful when this stubborn little thing is finally here. Wish me luck. Hopefully she'll be here by Wednesday!

4 comments:

Party of Five said...

OH MY GOSH! I wish I could come see you and your little gal! The last month is FOR SURE the hardest. I didn't even get dialated to a 1 before I was induced, so thank your lucky starts lady! Hopefully she'll come faster than you think. Cecily was 8 lbs 3 oz, and it wasn't that bad. Of course, I only said that after I was done..... you sortof forget everything after you're done... GOOD LUCK and I love you tons!

Ann said...

MICAH!!!! HI!!! Jenni found me and so I got to see all your blogs. Congrats on the baby! I'm so bad at keeping in touch, but now I can kinda feel like I know what's up with you guys from the blogs. I didn't know your dad passed away either. I'm a cancer nurse so I kinda know how all that goes. I'm so sorry! Anyway, I'll keep in touch
Love, Ann

Unknown said...

I cannot even tell you how much I sympathize!! I am so sorry!! It's so awful! I love you and wish I could be there to cook for you all week! Do you have a rice pack? Sometimes that worked for me.

Tara said...

Any updates?